Ever wondered what this 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G meant, well! You are on the right site to develop an understanding related to this because we are a generation of a wireless network. The G means generation, and if we consider 5G, then it means the fifth generation of wireless communications technology. It was introduced in 2018 and primarily adopted in 2019. It’s designed to use communication devices like mobile phones, to have a faster communication network if compared to previous generations of 2G, 3G, and 4G.
Five G has three significant types initiated to the markets that are: Low band, mid-band, and high band. Every class has its unique characteristic, with its combination of speed and range. Low band tower covers hundred square meters, mid-band tower traverses for several miles radius while high band towers cover one mile or smaller space. The speed varies from band to band. Let’s move to the features of each group.
As mentioned above, it serves customers over a hundred squares meter an even it covers far-flung locations and rural areas. The downside of this band is that the bandwidth at these frequencies is much narrower than it is with a higher rate, which leads to less transmission of data.
The mid-band is also known as “sub-6GHz” because it consists of radio frequencies ranging from 2GHz to 6GHz. It can serve people on several miles radius, which is shorter than a low band but further than a high group, but it’s not available in cellular devices in most of the countries. However, it’s likely to be available in all the major metro areas in the United States.
Already, a US carrier named a “Sprint” has a subscription of five G with some frequency of 2GHz.
High band 5G:
The high band is super-fast but has short distance towers and traverses over a mile or even lower. Some carriers of a top group suggested that it was the only right five G solution. However, later on, t was said that small cells of a high band could not be utilized widely.
Did five G upgrade Itself?
Upgrading versions are necessary as we are a generation of wireless networks and are experiencing different versions of technologies for a decade. Considering five G, then it’s baffling because the upgraded version of five G is 5G evolution (5GE), and yes, it’s confusing because AT & T is now replacing the LTE icon with 5GE and it’s different from 5G. Carrier says that those technologies that pave the way for five G have been deployed on the top of LTE. Some carriers use the label of LTE advanced level instead of 5GE to create less confusion.
Let’s now move to the comparison of five G with 4G to have a look at whether 5G is efficient than 4G or not.
5G VS 4G:
1. Speed: If we consider the rate between both, then it’s not a big attraction because 4G has an excellent pace and consists of 1Gbps, and if we translate it to Mbps, then its125 Mbps. Through 4G, one can easily download a Blu-ray movie, which is 15GB. Now, if we see streaming speeds, then 4G is enhancing and delivers between 10 Mbps to 50 Mbps, and one needs 25 Mbps for Ultra HD quality, but five G has a hit to 50 Mbps as an average minimum.
2. Latency: It refers to the time taken by a file from being transferred from one place to another. We are a generation of wireless networks and want an effective gaming system. Gaming is one in which the outcome is affected by the response time. The latency that one gets from 4G if 50ms, and that is reduced to 1ms in 5G. This can be the dominant factor in adopting five G, but still, there some obstacles to be faced.
3. Coverage: 4G took years for its coverage, and still, there are rural areas that are using 3G. On the other hand, five G will also take years to build its networking as it comprises a lot of advancement.
How to obtain 5G:
Networking has modified itself to provide faster speeds to network users and still doing that through adopting the fifth generation, or five G. The UK has already taken 5G, and their rates are now ten times larger than they had while using 4G.
5G can use in specific areas, where five G towers installed. So, if one has to use it, he should have to live where these towers installed. Moreover, a five G ready phone is required. Now, we should move towards the devices which entitle five G.’
1. Sprint: Sprint valid mobile five G began turning out in May 2019, and it’s been used in nine major cities like Atlanta, Kansas City, Houston, and others. Sprint is now working with a compelling brand to boast the technology used by brands and also to provide an experience (of the fast running speed of devices) to users.
Samsung Galaxy S20 has a striking camera technology for image quality and S20, S20+, and S20 ultra all have X55 modems, which means users can access 5G connectivity. Moreover, LG V50 ThinQ five G was the first smartphone of five G, and it consists of a unique feature of hand-free use. It let the user function their task with just a wave. OnePlus 7 Pro five G has a triple camera feature with 5G connectivity.
2. AT & T: AT & T has introduced 5G through the launch of Samsung Galaxy S20. AT & T is delivering 5G on a low band spectrum, which has slow speed but has extensive coverage, and through Samsung’s new versions, 5G is opened to many users. Now, AT &T is structuring a different version of 5G because right now, users have a low band spectrum, which is not fast but provides connectivity on a larger scale.
3. Verizon 5G: Verizon 5G ultra-wideband has a ten times larger speed than any other 5G network. 5G will transform everything in the future, says Verizon’s CEO. He also said that it would change the people, businesses, and society as a whole, and everything will be faster than ever, which means faster downloads and a high speed of latency.
After advancement, expectations increase being a generation of wireless technology, and it’s said that technology never stops so, now its 6G network. 6G technology is not in function, but it’s in the early phase of research. We cannot predict any feature of 6G right now. Still, it can be said that 6G will use higher frequencies and will provide more top speed, lower latency time. The number of bandwidth will increase, resulting in faster communication from one device to another device.
BY: SHUMAIL KHAN