• Headache occurs almost daily in everyone’s life.
• Headache makes us uncomfortable, and sometimes it is annoying too
• Headache cause distress
• Headache can develop in different parts of the brain.
• Headache can also occur due to anxiety or depression.
Types of Headaches
Tension and cluster headaches.
Headaches that can cause infections in the head
That is a headache which results when we are tensed and stressed.
• Migraine headaches are like vibrations or jerks in our heads.
• This Pain occurs for 4 hours to 3 days, and mostly it appears for one to four times a month.
• People have other symptoms like sensitivity to light, noise, smells, nausea or vomiting, loss of hunger, and unsettled stomach.
• These are severe headaches round the one eye only and one side of the head.
• It usually occurs at midnight with extreme Pain sometimes takes weeks or months.
Allergy or sinus headache
• These headaches are due to the allergic reaction.
• This Pain occurs only in our sinus area
• This type of Headache appears when we are addicted to caffeine
• We get a headache if we do not get caffeine on time.
• Exertion headaches result after extreme physical activities like weight lifting and running and other extreme activities.
• These activities can increase blood flow to our skull, which can cause headaches.
These headaches appear after any kind of head injury. They can be chronic too.
Causes of Headache
• Some people skip meals, which can be the cause of headaches.
• Pain in teeth or sinus problem, or other life-threatening conditions like bleeding in the brain which results in meningitis.
• Drinking Alcohol in access amounts
• Dehydration can cause Headache too.
• Trauma can also cause headaches.
• Medication reactions
• Overdose of drug
• Blood clots
Gas and Headache
Sometimes carbon monoxide gas causes Headache.
Headache from studying
• Over studying books causes stress and Headache, and we can get a Headache from studying.
Cure for headache
• We can treat headaches by taking rest.
• Use of pain relief medicines like Panadol and aspirin
Alternative cure for headache
Several alternative cures are there to treat headaches, but before applying them we must concern the doctors, these are
• Herbal treatment
• Nutritional health products
• heat pack or ice pack to you can be used on the head.
• Take regular meals, also taking care of blood sugar levels.
• shower in hot water can help, but sometimes it can even act opposite in rare conditions.
• Get adequate sleep
• Avoid food high in histamine
• Coffee is used to reduce headaches. As it contains caffeine, which reduces inflammation and can bring relief from headaches.
Few Essential oils are always effective for headaches and migraine
Essential oils can help us in certain conditions like headache or migraines. Some essential oils reduce stress, tension headaches, and relieve us from Pain. Few essential oils are:
• Rosemary oil
• peppermint oil
• Lavender oil
• Chamomile oil
It has anti-inflammatory properties. It has been used for years to reduce stress and Headache.
It is helpful to treat headaches and migraines. It contains menthol, which gives relaxation to our muscles, which helps in reducing Pain.
Eucalyptus essential oils are best in sinus probs.
It clears the sinus and relieves sinus.
The lavender scent, when inhaled, can help in treating migraines, and it helps to relieve stress.
This oil relaxes our body and soothes muscles. For this reason, it can be used in treating tension headache. It can also be used to cure anxiety and insomnia.
• Doctor will diagnose Headache through the details of the condition
• Few tests may be carried out for more severe problems
Like blood tests and brain scans.
Homeopathic remedies for Headache and migraine are
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole instead of treating only an infected part of the body.
Homeopathic remedies are made from minute particles of substances extracted from plants, animals, and minerals.
Research shows a Homeopathic remedy for headache, and migraines provide a permanent cure.
Homeopathic remedies can only cure some headache, and so we can call them homeopathic headache remedies.
Homeopathic remedies for Headache and migraine are:
• Belladonna is a popular homeopathic remedy for Headache.
• Bryonia is also a homeopathic remedy, is used when the head feels like it is going to burst like severe Headache.
• Gelsemium 200C for a headache, which causes dizziness.
• Glonoinum 200 C considered best for a headache after sitting long hours in the sun.
• Nat Mur 200C for the migraine-type headache, which comes together with nausea and vomiting.
All the above are Homeopathic Headache remedies.
Homeopathy remedies are generally safe, but if it is not working on you, then you must start using Allopathic medicines as everyone is different.
BY: SAIMA ALI